Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 1

Family and JENNY!
Wow what a week it has been so great! I have definently learned a lot! For future reference my P day is Tuesday so that is the only day that I can send Emails and write letters(which is why you have not heard from me yet). Also I only have 30 minutes to write emails so hopefully I can write everything I want to say. It has finally been a week! Not going to lie the first two days were rough.  It was so hard for me to sit through class ALL DAY, but it is going better, and it just makes you appreciate more gym time.
My companion is Sister Gerrarde.  She is great, hopefully you guys got my pictures. She is from Henderson, NV.  I am conitnuing to get to know her, and devlope a good relationship with her.
I am loving it here, and learning lots.  Tagalog is not really like Spanish like I thought it is quite different, but does have a few words that are the same.  That is going pretty well, just a lot of work.  We practice Tagolog everywhere, we have flashcards that we carry around with us and drill each other at lunch, walking to class, just about anywhere.  Last Friday we taught our first lesson to in Tagalog! It was basically just reading and we didn't understand anythingshe was saying, but it will get better.  Everyone here says that the language does not matter, at the MTC your job is suppose to learn how the Spirit teaches you, but it is really hard when you don't know how to say anything.  We also taught two more lessons this week, slowly they are getting better and we are learning to pick up on key words.  It is hard not to focus on the language because there is so much you want to tell them, but you just don't know how to say it, and I want to understand so bad what she is saying, but I can't understand her.  Hopefully I will be able to find spirit and it will help as I continue to learn more.  The investigator that we have is one of the MTC teachers, who will next week become our teacher.  It will be interesting to see what she has to say about our lessons.
One of the biggest things they are emphasizing here is what they call the fundamentals of missionary work.  I am sure Jenny knows all about these.  It is all about teaching People and Not lessons.  We need to follow the spirit and direct us to what he wants us to teach each person.  They most important relationship you can develop is the relationship with God and the investigator and that is our purpose to invite others to come unto Christ.
I know so many people here, lots and lots of people from BYU, and high school.  I also know a lot of the teachers from old wards. My district is Wonderful!!! There are 5 sisters and 4 Elders.  Three of the sisters are going to Quezon City North, sister Gerrarde and I are going to Naga and all the Elders are going to Naga.  Everyone in our zone says that we are a super close knit district all ready! It is super exciting!! They also say it is great to see that the sisters out number the Elders!
Anyway I will write a letter with a little more detail today, my 30 min is just about up.  Hopefully this all makes sense as I did not read through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment