Tuesday, June 11, 2013

companion Announcements

Dear Family and Friends,

We dropped sister Maghanoy off at the bus stop this morning.  And I am actually in Liago for the night.  Tomorrow I will pick up my new companion and head back to guinobaton.  So Saturday we got our new companionships announced.  I will be with Sister Oberia she is from Kirabis which is close to Samoa.  It is also her last transfer. They must think it is really funny to give me all the companions that are about to go home.  Oh well though that means I will most likely stay in Guinobaton after this transfer.  I am a little nervous to lead the area, but Sister Maghanoy says I am ready. 

Oh a side note, there are 4 missionaries in the mission from Pakistan and 1 sister arriving next month from mainland china.  That is so crazy that the church is sending out missionaries from there.

This week we were pretty busy.  We had a lot of lessons with less actives, which is good. There are so many less actives here.  Actually last year the Naga mission turned into a rescuing mission and the focus of the entire mission was on less actives. They only taught less active and part member families and referrals from members. This year though they are focusing on continuing to reactivate and also baptizing others.  This week we were able to find a couple part member families to teach.

Our one investigator Sheena has been to church twice now.  I am so excited for her. She is great.  We have been teaching her all transfer and hopefully she will continue to progress.  She is 18 and wants to serve a mission a year after she is baptized.  She has a lot of support from ward members, but her dad does not like the church.  She is so strong though and says that even if her dad doesn't want her too she knows she wants to be baptized. 

Well I am doing really well.  I am excited for this new transfer ahead of me, it should be exciting.  This is the transfer that the mission splits so that will be interesting.  Well thanks for all the prayers! I love you all!

-Sister Heather Richins

No comments:

Post a Comment